Thank you for registering and starting the Concept Note application process. This stage involves submitting the initial Concept Note application, setting out your project idea being proposed to the Seeds for Impact Programme (SIP) for funding.
You must complete all mandatory fields in order to complete the application process. Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
You can save your progress and return to the application any time by clicking the 'Save Draft' button at the bottom of the form. The form autosaves your progress, however we recommend that you manually save your progress.
The deadline for your Concept Note application is 11th December 2018 at midnight East Africa Time (EAT - GMT+3). Applications received after this date will not be considered. Remember to click the 'Submit' button at the end of the form. AECF can only access your Concept Note after you have submitted it.
We will send you a confirmation e-mail once you have submitted your application. The Concept Note will be judged in a transparent manner by AECF’s independent Investment Committee. If your application is successful, you will be notified and invited to progress to the Business Plan stage of the competition. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified, with a brief summary of the main reason(s) for rejection. If you seek further clarifications regarding the Concept Note, please email Seedsforimpact@aecfafrica.org
Eligibility You must meet the following criteria for your application to be considered (see term sheet for more details):
- Your company is a private sector for-profit enterprise aligned with the funding focus areas and target technologies.
- Your company must be legally registered and physically established in the target countries by the time of contracting.
- Your project idea will be implemented in the target countries.
- Total grant funds requested from AECF must be between US$250,000 and US$1,500,000.
- Funding provided must be matched on a 1:1 basis as a minimum, and should not include funds from AGRA or the SFSA. Examples of acceptable in-kind contributions can include management time, technical assistance and existing machinery and equipment allocated for use in the proposed project. Please note that AECF disburses funds in tranches and you are only required to match the particular funds request at that point in time.
- Your company must be compliant with fundamental in country and international human rights, labour standards, environmental management laws.
- Your company must NOT be involved in any act of terrorism or support terrorists’ activities
- Your company must allow regular due diligence by AECF.
New businesses (start-ups) may be considered by AECF. However, the businesses must provide strong evidence that the new company has credible and experienced investors and demonstrable capacity to implement the project.
Your company may partner with other organizations, including NGOs, and community organizations. However, it is a condition that the lead applicant and implementer of the project idea must always be a commercial company.
Link to Term Sheet: