Thank you for registering and starting the Concept Note application process.
This stage involves submitting the initial Concept Note application, setting out your project idea being proposed to the AECF REACT Household Solar Round 2 Competition for funding.
You must complete all fields in order to complete the application process.
You can save your progress and return to the application any time by clicking the 'Save Draft' button at the bottom of the form. The form auto-saves your progress, however we recommend that you manually save your progress.
The deadline for your Concept Note application is 31 May 2019 at midnight East African Time. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Remember to click the 'Apply/Submit' button at the end of the form. AECF can only access your Concept Note after you have submitted it. We will send you a confirmation e-mail once you have submitted your application.
The Concept Note will be judged in a transparent manner by AECF’s independent Investment Committee. If your application is successful, you will be notified by 28 June 2019 and invited to progress to the Business Plan stage of the competition. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified, with a brief summary of the main reason(s) for rejection.
If you seek further clarifications regarding the Concept Note, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You must meet the following criteria for your application to be considered (see term sheet for more details):
- Be a private sector RE company or Financial Institution that is aligned with the focus areas.
- Be able to show commitment of matching AECF funding, as per ratios outlined in the term sheet.
- Request a grant amount between within the stipulate range.
- Be compliant with fundamental in - country and international human rights, labour standards, environmental management laws.
- Must be licensed by the relevant Energy Commission with an installation and maintenance license and the in case of importation, an importation license.
- Must be legally registered with the respective country’s Revenue Authority and physically established in the country of doing business.
- Must NOT be involved in any act of terrorism or support terrorists’ activities and must allow regular due diligence on this.
New businesses (start-ups) may be considered by AECF. However, the businesses must provide strong evidence that the new company has credible and experienced investors and demonstrable capacity to implement the project.
Your company may partner with other organizations, including NGOs and community organizations. However, it is a condition that the lead applicant and implementer of the project idea must always be a commercial company.